Establish Goals – to manage anyone or anything (paper, projects, tasks or information) priorities must be established. (Remember, the key to victory is to share information with all who will be contributing to the success!)
- Priorities – list in order the key factors to your success
- Planning – attach goals to each dynamic and assess how much time you will need to achieve them.
- Preparation – schedule appropriate time and include potential costs incurred to realize the goal.
- Management skills – A well-organized manager will exude confidence and control in an organization.
- Managing well establishes a sense of trust and professionalism to both employees and customers.
- An organized office creates a more relaxed environment where employees are aware and ready for the work ahead.
Systems & Procedures – review your current administrative process for redundancies or bottlenecks. Define the process and put it in writing so there is clear direction for recurring tasks & responsibilities.
- Time Savings – less time correcting mistakes, searching for information or and answering duplicate questions.
- Money savings – you no longer purchase duplicate inventory or supplies for what you can’t find when you need it.
- More time for REAL productivity
Benchmarks & Tracking – by setting standards and regular goals you can track of your progress. Whether you choose to review quarterly, monthly, weekly (or all), do it as often as it takes to stay focused on the priorities
- Greater success in reaching goals due to greater focus on key areas.
- Better communications and information sharing results in a stronger team.