Pack Rat? Neat Freak? Mr. Clean? Or Perfectionist?
Are you able to relax in your living space? Do you have ample room to spread out for puzzles, board games or entertaining? Or is your living space a little jumbled and in a muddle?
Worse yet, do you panic when the doorbell rings and you haven’t had time to “prepare”?
Here are 8 QUICK TIPS to a neater space. Plus, you end up with a clearer MIND and you cut your cleaning time later in the week!
- Have a “home” for everything you own and let everyone know where it is!
- Put all your like items together & decorate a box so it feels good to put something away.
- Use a basket at the top/bottom of the stairs so the next person by takes the items with them.
- Use attractive baskets for hat, mittens, backpacks, etc. or small dishes for keys at the door etc.
- When a friend phones to chat, open a cabinet and find a few things to toss out, we all have a few too many plastic containers or pens that don’t work.
- During an evening of television grab a drawer during the commercials and you’ll be surprised how much you can get done.
- When it’s time to empty the dishwasher or fold a load of clothes, time yourself! When you realize how quickly you can get it done, less chance you’ll procrastinate next time.
- Finally – If it takes less than 2 minutes, do it immediately, don’t put it off!